Proanox scientists have been researching agricultural changes to nutrition for the past 5 years and have developed a product that compensates for the lack of nutrients created by poor diet, aging, reduced nutrients from fruits and vegetables and GMO farming. Proanox’s cutting edge science extracts the most important phytonutrients from fruits and vegetables to bring you a concentrated serving of the nutrients that scientists have determined most essential to adult health. You can be confident to buy from a company with products supported by thousands of credible research papers from universities around the world.
Laboratory research shows that Quercetin appears to have three different effects: anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and stimulates mitochondrial biogenesis
- Boots AW, GR Haenen, and A Bast. Health effects of quercetin: from antioxidant to nutraceutical. Eur J Pharmacol. 582(2-3):325-37, 2008.
- Cai J, KC Nelson, M Wu, et al. Oxidative damage and protection of the RPE. Prog Retin Eye Res. 19(2):205-221, 2000.
- Davis JM, CJ Carlstedt, S Chen, et al. The dietary flavonoid quercetin increases VO2max and endurance capacity. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 20(1):56-62, 2010.
- Davis JM, EA Murphy, MD Carmichael, and B Davis. Quercetin increases brain and muscle mitochondrial biogenesis and exercise tolerance. Am J Physiol R296, 1071-7, 2009.
- Egert S, A Bosy-Westphal, J Seiberl, et al. Quercetin reduces systolic blood pressure and plasma oxidised low-density lipoprotein concentrations in overweight subjects with a high-cardiovascular disease risk phenotype: A double-blinded, placebo controlled cross-over study. Br J Nutr 102 (7): 1065–1074, 2009.
Studies demonstrate anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, blood-sugar-lowering and other beneficial cardiovascular effects. In vitro studies indicated that the combination of resveratrol and quercetin inhibits the production of fat cells.
- Bass TM, D Weinkove, K Houthoofd, et al. Effects of resveratrol on lifespan in Drosophila melanogaster and Caenorhabditis elegans. Mech Ageing Dev. 128(10):546-52, 2007.
- Baur JA and DA Sinclair. Therapeutic potential of resveratrol: the in vivo evidence. Nat Rev Drug Discov 5 (6): 493–506, 2006.
- Baur JA, KJ Pearson, NL Price, et al. Resveratrol improves health and survival of mice on a high-calorie diet. Nature 444 (7117): 337–42, 2006.
- Bhat KP, D Lantvit, K Christov, et al. Estrogenic and antiestrogenic properties of resveratrol in mammary tumor models. Cancer Research 61 (20): 7456–63, 2001.
- Duffy SJ and JA Vita JA. Effects of phenolics on vascular endothelial function. Curr Opinion Lipidology 14 (1): 21–7, 2003.
- Elmali N, O Baysal, A Harma, et al. Effects of resveratrol in inflammatory arthritis. Inflammation 30 (1-2): 1–6, 2007.
Quercetin helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system and is present in organs with high energy requirements (heart, liver, kidney, brain and muscle). Absorption can be attenuated by aging, some medications, and some chronic disease conditions.
- Alleva R, M Tomasetti, M Battino, et al. The roles of coenzyme Q10 and vitamin E on the peroxidation of human low density lipoprotein subfractions. Proc Natl Acad Sci 92(20):9388-91, 1995.
- Bentinger M, M Tekle, G Dallner. Coenzyme Q – biosynthesis and functions. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 396(1):74-79, 2010.
- Bhagavan HN and RK Chopra. Coenzyme Q10: Absorption, tissue uptake, metabolism and pharmacokinetics. Free Radical Research 40 (5): 445–53, 2006.
- Cooke, M., M Iosia, T Buford, et al. Effects of acute and 14-day coenzyme Q10 supplementation on exercise performance in both trained and untrained individuals. Journal of the Intl Soc Sports Nutr 5:8, 2008.
- Ghirlanda G, A Oradei, A Manto, et al. Evidence of plasma CoQ10-lowering effect by HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. J Clin Pharmacol 33 (3): 226–9, 1993.
Selenium is a mineral necessary for cellular function in many organisms, including all animals, and is an ingredient in many multi-vitamins and other dietary supplements. Over farming is depleting natural selenium in many areas of the US and the world.
Ellagic acid is a natural phenol antioxidant. The anti-cancer and antioxidant properties of ellagic acid have prompted worldwide academic research into its mutiple health benefits.